Sunday, October 5, 2008

It finally happened!

I knew this day was coming for a while . . . It all started last weekend when I went into the boys room to get them up from their nap and saw this . . .

I can assure you I didn't put them in the same crib.

Then, a couple days later, I went to get the boys in the morning and found them like this . . .

There are so many things wrong with this picture. Let's not even discuss why James doesn't have any pants on . . .

So, I decided that it was time to put the boys in toddler beds. They are exactly two and a half years old tomorrow so I guess I am lucky that we held out this long.

The process of changing the beds was an exciting one for the boys . . .


Yes, he is airborne and his pants are about to fall off . . .


and, they're off!


Can't jump with your shorts around your ankles!


And he's back in the game!



So, I finally got them all back together and the linens back on. It seems like just a week ago I took a picture very similar to this except I was nine months pregnant, we had just put their cribs together, and I was oblivious to the changes about to happen in my life.






Since I have been creating this post, the boys have already come out once and I had to go in once because of a loud bang. Currently, they are singing their ABC's! Oh, it is going to be a long night!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

The pants issue made me laugh...you can't jump with pants around your ankles, you just can't!

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Cute green stripey pjs, mom!

Geri said...

You go Jack and James! You're boys through and through! I've been waiting for this day to come, now the fun begins! To think that you get this entertainment every day FOR FREE - ENJOY!

Kierstyn said...

Let the good times, BEGIN!

I know you have twins. That is no new info for me. But when I saw the picture of the two boys in their big boy beds, I thought, "Oh man! She has TWO 2 year olds!!" And I said a little prayer for you.