Monday, March 7, 2011

Big day tomorrow

Caroline's surgery is tomorrow morning at 7:30. We would greatly appreciate your prayers. While we know it is necessary for her to have this done, it breaks my heart to see her go through it. It is hard to wrap my mind around the thought that someone will be looking at my daughter's heart - hearts aren't meant to be seen!

We met the surgeon today. He is clearly one of the best. I told Jesse, "I like confident doctors!" although I'm not sure they come in another variation :)!

They told us that the surgery would last about 4 hours and they will probably keep her sedated as long as she is intubated which will be about 24 hours. If she extubates successfuly, she should be able to be home within 7 days.

Will you pray for our sweet Caroline? Pray that the surgery is a success, that her lungs will tolerate the stress and that she will extubate successfully. Pray for the surgeons and all persons dealing with her. Pray that she will be a light to them as she is to everyone that meets her.

"The Lord will fight for you. You need ONLY be still."

3 comments:

Amy said...

Praying! Did you say you are in Dallas? My best friend works at Chilren's - if you are there and need a friendly face, just let me know, I'm sure she'd stop by!

Amy said...

Make that Children's (not Chilren's)...although that made me laugh.

Mandy said...

yes! definitely praying. been think of you guys all day. much love