Friday, September 10, 2010

Our first family picture

Yes, this is our first picture with all of us together.

Just the boys, Jesse, Caroline and me . . . and Tyrell Higgins, defensive tackle for the Texas Longhorns. You can tell Jack is thinking, "Um, are we supposed to be taking a picture with a Longhorn? I'm not sure about this!" It was so much fun for them and an honor for him to visit. He was very respectful! He is also a starter so look for him on the field tomorrow! The boys and Jesse went down to hang out with about 8 more of the players right after this. They even tried to make their hands "Hook 'em". I think they started spasming though.

Caroline had another great day. She was off the heat all day and was able to maintain her temperature. If Jesse can get her to take both of the next two bottles tonight, she will be at 86% for the day - the most she has ever taken by bottle!

I forgot to say yesterday that she was having her MRI last night. They decided to go ahead and do it to make sure there wasn't a reason with her brain as to why she wasn't able to hold her temperature. We got the results this morning - Unremarkable! Music to my ears!

Just for fun, the first picture at the top of the post was taken by the Child Life employee at the hospital with her camera. This is the one taken with my camera . . .


Looks like I have passed on my photogenic nature to my boys. Not sure how my sister and brother are so incredibly photogenic and most of my pictures look like the above!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful family...maybe we can get Caroline to be a Longhorn. Hook 'Em!

Geri said...

I think that since Caroline's first family photo includes a Longhorn in it she is destined to become a Longhorn like her Papa. :) It was really nice for the Horns to visit Dell Children's Hospital, thanks guys.

Unknown said...

We have all been waiting for that family picture. Even if it is not an Aggie picture. It is beautiful. What a blessing! mselcer

Jennifer Puckett said...

HAPPY 1 MONTH BIRTHDAY SWEET CAROLINE!

We loved the family picture (Coop and Lauren were fighting over who could get closer to the laptop to see Jack, James, and Caroline - Coop won!); Jack and James' expressions are priceless!

Sweet Sister, you are beautiful in every picture you take. Miss you so so much. -Jen

Kierstyn said...

That's really neat that some of the UT football players came by. I think Caroline would have been more imnpressed if they had been Aggies. :-)

Gig 'em Chupps!!! Praying you'll be back in Aggieland soon.